Customer vulnerability is defined as any personal, social or other factor(s) that may impact your ability to exercise informed decision-making, rendering you vulnerable to suggestion and/or impacting your confidence to lend or borrow. Below we have outlined a broad range of vulnerable circumstances and situations including, but not limited to:
- Illness/Sickness – This could be due to a short-term condition or something of a longer-term nature such as recuperating from medical conditions.
- Age – Our ever-aging population means that elderly people are increasingly more inclined to invest for their future. However, with age also comes certain age-related conditions which may impact your ability to invest confidently and appropriately.
- Physical Disability – The broad nature of disability encompasses a number of forms including but not limited to: deafness, blindness, and the restriction of limb use or mobility. All of which are factors which may impact your ability to lend or borrow through Growth Street.
- Bereavement – Loss of a partner, relative or close friend may temporarily render you susceptible or vulnerable, something which may impact rational decision making.
- Mental Capacity – This applies to customers who may suffer from any form of mental incapacity, which again may impact your ability to lend or borrow.
We cater to vulnerable customers. If you feel one or more of the above circumstances might apply to you, email or call us and a member of the team will be able to assist you with your investment journey.
Your capital is at risk when you lend to businesses. Find out more here.