Once we are made aware of the death of a customer, we will turn off their reinvestment settings and suspend access to their account.
To begin the process of releasing funds, we will need the following information:
- A certified copy of the death certificate
- A certified copy of the grant of probate or if there is no grant of probate, a certified copy of the page of the will which specifies the executor
- A certified copy of the executor’s identification document (valid passport or driving license)
- A certified copy of the bank statement where the executor wishes funds to be transferred (this must show the executor’s name and be dated within the last three months)
- The executor’s mobile number and the email address they wish to use to access our platform
Once we have received the above information, we will contact the executor to notify them that we will be releasing funds and let them know the date that funds will be available.
On the date funds are available, the executor will receive an email from Growth Street, prompting them to log in to the platform (using their email address). Once logged in, they will receive a text message with a code which they must input. This will allow the executor to access the platform and move the funds to their nominated account.
Your capital is at risk when you invest through Growth Street. Our investment products are not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Read about our Loan Loss Provision here.