Before proceeding, you will need:
- The password you use when accessing Sage 50 Accounts. (Your password is not disclosed to us, but you are required to enter it for us to access accounting data.)
- If your Sage data file is in a non-standard location, you will need to know this location. (If you don’t know what this means, it probably does not apply to you.)
Note: please ensure you follow these instructions from the computer with Sage 50 Accounts installed on it. Also, please make sure you have completed all month-end or quarter-end updates for the past 15 months before connecting.
This computer needs to remain switched-on and connected to the internet during working hours. If your computer isn’t connected, we may not have up-to-date information on your business, and this could restrict access to your GrowthLine.
1. Go to the Growth Street dashboard: https://borrow.growthstreet.co.uk.
2. If you’re doing this during your application for a GrowthLine, go to your dashboard and in the “Your Accounting” section hit the ‘Connect’ button. If you’re an active customer, just head to Account details > Integrations and hit the ‘Connect’ button.
3. Select "Sage 50" from the dropdown.
4. A dialog box with instructions will pop up, and a file will begin downloading.
5. Once the file has completed downloading to your computer, open the file by double-clicking on it.
6. You will be prompted to enter your account license key, which is found on the dashboard (above).
7. Next, you will need to confirm the location of your data file. The account ID can be found on your Growth Street dashboard. The data file will be set to a default location. (If you have not moved the data file on your computer, or you don’t know what this means, you can leave as is.)
8. Click “Link”, and the data we need will be sent to our systems. An application will be installed on the computer you’re using, which is how we receive your data. If your computer isn’t connected, we may not have up-to-date information on your business, and this could restrict access to your GrowthLine.
9. You can check that the Sage 50 Link is installed by heading to the toolbar on your computer.
10. Once installed, you can return to your Growth Street dashboard and click “Okay I have done this” (see image below step 6). We will now be able to access the information we need to continue to provide access to your GrowthLine.
The download happens in the background, and you do not need to leave the page open once you have connected. It may take up to 30 minutes for our system to download the information we need. That’s it!
If you have any questions, whether you’re applying for a GrowthLine or whether you’re a current user, you can contact us by email (on firstname.lastname@example.org), or via phone at 0808 123 1231.